Saturday, July 7, 2018

Archpriest Sergiy Begashov: "O Lord, remember not the sins of my youth!

ROCA -Archpriest Sergiy Begashov: "O Lord, remember not the sins of my youth!" i.e. -(his now much regretted former life of self-deception and lies to others, in the Moscow Patriarchy)-

Dan Everiss <oregdan@hotmail.com>Sat, Jul 7, 2018 at 11:24 AM



Протоиерей Сергий Бегашов: Грехов юности моей не помяни, Господи!

ROCA Archpriest Sergiy Begashov:  Lord! Remember not the sins of my youth-

Автор: Митрополит Агафангел. Author: Metropolitan AgafangelДата публикации: Date of publication: 06 июля 2018 July 06, 2018 . . Категория:Авторская колонка . Category: Author's column .

Сегодня Православная Церковь отмечает праздник в честь иконы Божьей Матери Владимирская.

Today, the Orthodox Church celebrates the feast in honor of the icon of Our Lady of Vladimir.

Этот день, всегда был для меня особым днем, т.к.

This day, has always been for me a special day, because........

6 июля я принял священный сан.

....... On July 6, I received the holy dignity, of my priesthood. 

Сегодня, этот день стал для меня еще более знаковым, т.к.

Today, this day has become even more significant for me, because....

  с момента моей хиротонии прошло пятнадцать лет.

..... fifteen years have passed since my priestly ordination.

. 15 лет – это совершенно не много, но достаточно, для того чтобы подумать, обернуться назад, сделать какие-то замечания и выводы.

  15 years is not much at all, but enough to think about, to reflect on, to make some comments and conclusions.

И вот те выводы, к которым я пришел сегодня, обусловлены тем, что пять лет из этих пятнадцати, я прослужил в РПЦЗ.

  And these conclusions to which I have arrived at  today,  are due to the fact that for five years out of those fifteen, I have served as a priest in ROCA.


При переходе в нашу церковь из МП у меня попросили написать автобиографию и предоставить копии указов о хиротониях и наградах.

When we [myself and my family and my parish family] moved to our ROCA church from the MP, I was asked to write an autobiography and provide copies of decrees on ordinations and awards.

Но моя многозаботная жизнь как главы многодетного семейства и как настоятеля-строителя, а также (что греха таить) банальная лень, побуждали меня все дальше и дальше передвигать это нудное и конфузное дело.

But my care-burdened life as the head of a large family and as a rector-church builder, as well as (which is a sin to conceal) my banal laziness, prompted me to delay this tedious and embarrassing business, pushing it farther and farther into the future.

Как вот уже прошло пять лет, а я все не сделал того, что обещал.

Now five years have passed, and I have not done what I promised myself to do. 

И хотя я уже исправился, но вот само это «исправление» вызвало у меня еще больший конфуз, чем то время, которое я неприлично тянул с этим.

And although I already have amended myself,  but this very "correction" caused me even more embarrassment than the time that I indignantly dragged on, without actually doing this.

(Да простит меня м.Рафаила).

(May  m. Rafaela, forgive me!).

Все это заставило меня оглянуться назад еще раз, и попытаться как-то переосмыслить свое прошлое.

All this prompted me to look back once again, and try to somehow rethink my past.

И вот, окинув взором эти полтора десятка лет, я вдруг испытываю то, что не испытывал раннее.

And now, looking back at these past fifteen years, I suddenly have experienced something that I had not experienced earlier.

Мне стыдно!

I feel shame!

Я оказался испачканным этим прошлым.

Because I have been stained with this past... [i.e. my former life in the Moscow Patriarchy].

Этим лицедейством, этим притворством, этим псевдосмирением и этим псевдоправославием.

This has been due to my hypocrisy, my pretense, my pseudo-humility and my pseudo-righteousness.

Мне стыдно за то, что я был частью этого спектакля и что я отчаянно пытался найти в нем свое место.

  I'm ashamed of the fact that I was part of this [Moscow Patriarchy] performance, and that I desperately had tried to find my place in it.

Мне стыдно за то, что я видел ложь, самодурство, кощунство и откровенное беззаконие, и молчал, как мне тогда казалось, покрывал «грех брата».

I am ashamed that in it,[the Moscow Patriarchy]  I saw lies, tyranny, blasphemy and outright lawlessness, but I was silent, as it seemed right to me then, in order ...."to cover the sin of my brother".

Мне стыдно, что я врал сам.

I'm ashamed that I too, lied myself.

Врал, ради «пользы церковной».

I lied, [covered up]  "for the sake of the benefit of the church."

Мне стыдно и я повинен в том, что верил в «русский мир» и сам был его адептом.

I am ashamed and I am guilty of having believed in the "Russian World",  and that I was myself an adept-believer of it.

Что брал эти позорные 200грн тогда на епархиальном собрании духовенства за «молитвы» о Викторе Феодоровиче.

Why I participated in  those shameful decisions, made then at the MP's diocesan assembly of the clergy, for "prayers" for Father Victor Feodorovich.

Брал, и хотел получить еще.

I  accepted it all,  and I wanted to receive  even more.

Мне стыдно за то, что я был РАБОМ, радующимся и ненавидящим одновременно давящий на горло, помещичий сапог.

I am ashamed for the fact that I was a SLAVE, rejoicing and hating at the same time, the  pressing down on my throat, of my MP's landlord's boot.

Каюсь, что убеждал себя в том, что это и есть церковь.

I confess that I had then convinced myself, that the  MP was/is  the canonical true Russian church....[i.e. the Moscow Patriarchy] ...... 

Знал, что этого не может быть, но убеждал.

I knew that this could not really be the truth, but I persuaded myself-i.e. I fooled myself.

  И себя, и других.

.... Both myself and others....I fooled.

 И соблазнил некоторых.

And I seduced some others [i.e.  to also believe this lie].

 Да простит меня Господь!

May God forgive me!

Конечно, пять лет, это слишком мало, чтобы прозреть, чтобы изжить из себя эту рабскую отравленность.

Of course, in only five years, it's too little a time period to fully see, or to entirely get rid of this slavish self-poisoning.

Куда мне грешному, ведь некоторым ветхим, несравненно сильнейшим меня, не удалось преодолеть это и за сорок лет.

Why I have sinned,  is because of some old, internal incomparably stronger force than myself, it was not possible for me to overcome, for  forty years.

Но вот и того, что я вижу, достаточно для того, чтобы иметь рвотные позывы в желании изблевать это прошлое из себя до конца, чтобы выжить, чтобы жить, и жить вечно.

But that's what I now clearly see, it's enough to have vomited it out, in a desire to shake this past off of  myself totally, in order to survive and to live, and to live eternally.

«Сия же жизнь вечная, да знают Тебя, Единого Бога и посланного Тобою Иисуса Христа», великого Господа и Спаса нашего, Главу и Основателя Церкви Его и нашей.

"And this is eternal life, that they may know Thee, the only true God and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent," our great Lord and Savior, the Head and Founder of His Church and ours.


Да, к сожалению, и в нашей церкви не все так как должно.

Yes, unfortunately, in our church everything is not as it should be.

И в нашей церкви есть место глупости и ремесленничеству, мракобесию и обрядоверчеству, поверхностности и порокам, третьеримовству и имперству, НО!

  And in our church, among some, there is a degree of common human stupidity and craftsmanship, obscurantism and ritualism, superficiality and vices, third-transtvo [?]  and imperialism, BUT!....

В нашей Церкви есть то, что я не видел раннее – здесь есть верующие люди, и что казалось совсем невозможным, - даже среди архиереев!

   But in  our ROCA Church there is something that I did not see before [i.e. inside of the Moscow Patriarchy], - there are believing people here, and what seemed absolutely impossible - even among the bishops!

Здесь есть Истина и Свобода, а эти два качества, есть качества Духа Святаго, ибо Утешитель, Дух Истины, наставляющий на всякую правду, где пребывает, там и Свобода.

Here there is Truth and Freedom, and these two qualities are the qualities of the Holy Spirit, for the Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, instructing on all truth, that is where there is, Freedom.

Там нет необходимости что-то придумывать, что-то лукаво прикрывать.

There's no need to invent something, or to hide something slyly.

Там все есть так, как есть.

There everything is as it is.

И слава Богу, что Он по Своей милости привел меня сюда.

And thank God that He by His mercy brought me here, [i.e. to ROCA].

И вот, с учетом всего вышесказанного, позвольте мне, дорогие мои отцы, братья и сестры, подобно тому как Матерь Божия освободила явлением своего чудотворного образа православный люд от ига нечестивцев, быть, Ея же молитвами, освобожденным от ига моего прошлого нечестия.

And now, in view of all of the above, let me, my dear fathers, brothers and sisters, just as the Mother of God liberated the Orthodox people from the yoke of their wicked image by the manifestation of her miraculous image, and by Her prayers she freed me from the yoke of my past wickedness.

Ибо ничего из того прошлого я не желаю ни видеть, ни слышать, ни знать, ни иметь.

For I do not want to see, hear, know, or have anything from my [i.e. enslaved and involved MP] past.

Владыко митрополит, прошу Вашего благословения на то, чтобы не именоваться мне впредь протоиереем, не носить никаких наград, ни памятовать о них и считать их ни во что, якоже не бывшими.

Metropolitan Vladyka, I ask your blessing to not to be called again, an "archpriest", and not to wear any past MP given awards, nor to remember them, but to consider them as worthless, as though they had not existed.

Прошу лишь разрешения на ношение моего скромного деревянного креста, подаренного некогда моей матерью, (которая так и пребывает, к великому сожалению, в МП) да и то, только потому, что никакого другого священнического креста у меня попросту нет.

I only ask permission to wear my modest wooden pectoral priestly cross, which my maternal grandfather once gifted to me, (who himself  remains, alas, still in the MP), and then, to wear it  just because I have no other priestly cross.

С благодарностью Богу, Его Церкви и ее чадам, спасающийся раб Божий иерей Сергий Бегашов, РПЦЗ.

  With gratitude to God, His Church and her children, the being-saved,  servant of God, Priest Sergius Begashov, ROCOR.

Комментарии Comments   

# RE: Протоиерей Сергий Бегашов: Грехов юности моей не помяни, Господи! #RE: Archpriest Sergiy Begashov: Do not remember the sins of my youth, Lord! —Митрополит Агафангел 06.07.2018 14:21 - Metropolitan Agafangel 06/07/2018 14:21
Священнические награды, которые рангом ниже, не отнимаются и не упраздняются, каждый священник вправе одевать или не одевать всё то, что ему вручалось раньше.

Priestly awards, which are of lower rank, are not taken away and are not abolished, [i.e. when we in ROCA receive an ordained  priest into our church] and every priest has the right to wear or not to wear, as he wishes, everything that was given to him earlier. 

Есть благодать священства, которая не имеет рангов.

There remains the grace of the priesthood, which has no rank.

Как, кстати, и архиерейства.

As, by the way, and also of the hierarchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guest comments MAYBE can be made by email.
joannahigginbotham@runbox.com

Anonymous comments will not be published. Daniel will not see unpublished comments. If you have a message for him, you need to contact him directly.
oregdan@hotmail.com