Monday, March 7, 2016

Grant me to be humble

Another Sharing from Mother Abbess Juliana in Chile-from St. Symeon the New Theologian: "Grant me to be humble, grant me a hand of help."..


Add star 

Dan Everiss

Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 1:30 PM




+On this day, Meat-Fare Sunday: we commemorate the day of the Second Coming of Christ.
" The trumpet shall sound and the dead shall be raised incorruptible,  and we shall be changed ..................."
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 16:57:44 -0300
Subject: Fwd: Grant me to be humble, grant me a Hand of help...



Date: Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 8:36 AM
Subject: Grant me to be humble, grant me a Hand of help...
To:


image1.JPG

I do not know how I came into the world,
Nor what the things here in it really are. What my sight is, O my God,
And what the objects that I see, I cannot tell. How all men are vain,
And have no proper judgment of reality! Yesterday at least I came, and tomorrow I shall go, And I think to be immortal yonder.
That Thou art my God I confess to everyone, And yet deny Thee daily in my deeds.
I teach that Thou hast made each living thing, And yet without Thee struggle to have all. Thy Reign extends above, below,
And yet I do not fear to strive against Thee. Let me, the needy one, the most miserable, Unburden all the sickness of my soul. Crushed, alas, and broken into bits
By vanity, by foolish arrogance.
Grant me to be humble, grant me a Hand of help, And cleanse my soul’s pollution.
And give me tears of repentance,
Tears of love, tears of liberty
Tears cleansing my nous’s darkness,
And filling me with Heavenly radiance!
For Thee it Is, the Light of the world,
The Light of my poor eyes, that I wish to see
I, who fill my heart with life’s evils.


—St. Symeon the New Theologian 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guest comments MAYBE can be made by email.
joannahigginbotham@runbox.com

Anonymous comments will not be published. Daniel will not see unpublished comments. If you have a message for him, you need to contact him directly.
oregdan@hotmail.com