Sunday, February 5, 2023

Urgent request for alms


 Sunday of the Publican and the Pharisee  

  Time:  Sun, 5 Feb 2023 20:27:16 +0000    

  From: Dan Everiss <oregdan@hotmail.com>


 


Dear Joanna Higginbotham and  ALL: 

My pre-bought supply of winter’s firewood-which SHOULD  have been MORE-than-sufficient for normal winters,  is about to 100%  run out-NOW!, while we still have more than a month or  MORE to go of coldish wet weather,  I have at best maybe 3-4 more DAYS  of it, in this unusually cold winter here…I NEED MORE NOW! -AS SOON AS POSSIBLE…& BUT.. MUST BE ABLE TO PAY ENTOTO FOR IT… WHEN THEY BRING and STACK IT INSIDE IT. If… I have to turn on the little electric heater, that runs the electric bill way up, and anyway, is not near enough heat to warm this building, eventhough it, my former Icon workshop,  was built with good insulation many long years ago.

And, my current sole local firewood supplier. .who have proven to be THE CHEAPEST BUT MOST DEPENDABLE LOCAL FIREWOOD SUPPLIER,  (struggling local rural hardworking folks who largely live on their year-round firewood-preparation  efforts) always have  to  demand payment in full upon delivery, which sum includes them very-helpfully!.. bringing it all, piece by piece,  inside this large shop-an added benefit  task very helpful to semi-crippled-up house-bound me,  (& thus which keeps ME out of the weather- which FOR ME TO BE going outside this building, I have great physical trouble in hand gathering firewood, in the rain and snow, & bringing each piece inside, while seated on my walker!) and so for them to be hand-carrying it from their truck..inside here AND stacking it INSIDE THIS SPACIOUS SHOP HERE, where it is handy for me, to later piece-by-piece  feed it.. while perched on my rollator-walker, into my repaired/renovated woodstove- my basic source of heat here…is a GREAT BENEFIT.   However,  if I allow myself to get chilled, -if I do not have enough firewood to stay warm here, my declining health will be hurried up.

This month, my basic source of dependable monthly income, my Social Security, is already  virtually already paid out &  100% spent on various  pressing bills and needs, and is gone. And anymore, I receive sporadic donations from… anyone.. ALMOST NEVER…though I seldom ask for them either. Most seem to have forgotten me.

I always ASK for help, only when I truly  need it, and always…regretfully. 

And, my pre-stacked supply of winter-firewood,-which SHOULD HAVE  been MORE than adequate for normal winters,  is not sustaining itself, due to this prolonged extra-cold winter here.

About $250-OO to $300.00 should adequately cover this emergency need.

Can you please help me?

And, THANK YOU!

Daniel in Oregon-Retired Reader: at Our Saviour’s Place.

 

Daniel Everiss

8419 Hwy 138 West

Oakland, Oregon 97462-9782

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guest comments MAYBE can be made by email.
joannahigginbotham@runbox.com

Anonymous comments will not be published. Daniel will not see unpublished comments. If you have a message for him, you need to contact him directly.
oregdan@hotmail.com