Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Prayer for Ukraine


Orthodox Christian Works of Mercy to some of the poorest of the poor; Mayan Indian remnants of the once mighty Mayan empire: Does it really matter what Orthodox Jurisdiction this work of mercy is done by ??? all in the Love & Name of Christ? 


AND IN THIS DARK HOUR: ON BENDED KNEE: 

 Let us all pray fervently for the safety and peace of all people in Ukraine- that God may spare them from invasion and destruction and death and misery, and that God will defeat and bring to repentance all of their devil inspired foes, visible and invisible! AMEN! And by the prayers of the Most Holy Mother of God and of All The Saints! AMEN! GRANT THIS LORD JESUS CHRIST! AMEN! 

Rd. Daniel in Oregon

 VIDEO LINK: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qg26Yy2lqI

My Comments & why I share this inspiring video:

SOME THOUGHTS On THE WEEK OF THE RETURN OF THE PRODIGAL SON:

I am not sharing this video of this tremendous praiseworthy Orthodox Christian inspired work of temporal and spiritual mercy, being undertaken  for impoverished and oppressed Central American Guatemalan Mayan Indian people, in order to advertise this multi-leveled large project so that viewers of this video will necessarily support this particular work, but as an inspiration — an example  to us all: to “GO AND DO LIKEWISE!” to remember what Christ commands of us all, we who often proudly claim to be “Christians”: ”IF YOU LOVE ME, KEEP!.. MY COMANDMENTS!” and “LOVE ONE ANOTHER, AS.. I… HAVE LOVED YOU!”

And, from the saints: “In the next world, at our judgement, all that we will.. have… there, is what we… gave away/sacrificed … here!” — and “I will have MERCY!... and… not!... judgement!”: what dictum, WE!... Christians… are to follow, in all of our dealings with our fellow mankind… and with all of God’s creatures.

“We must be hard on ourselves, but easy on others!”

Retired Reader Daniel Everiss in Oregon

 

And from the Holy Fathers: “When we stop working on seeing and correcting  our own sins and faults, then the devil will put into our idle minds another new even more busy work: finding and trying to expose and correct the faults and sins of… others!”

 

 Matthew 25:31-40

“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, "I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did it for me.”

 

VIDEO LINK: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qg26Yy2lqI

 

Another parting thought:

“I cried for myself because I had no shoes, untill I saw someone who had no feet!”

AND for those of us who only can PRAY for others and not be able to give them money or material or direct physical help:  Let us PRAY fervently and often and with tears for them! and invoke the SAINTS also to help and to pray for them, to Christ.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Guest comments MAYBE can be made by email.
joannahigginbotham@runbox.com

Anonymous comments will not be published. Daniel will not see unpublished comments. If you have a message for him, you need to contact him directly.
oregdan@hotmail.com