Monday, October 30, 2023

Rare book: Elder Zosimas

Daniel left y'all a parting gift.  

     

  Back in 2008, Rdr. Daniel gave me several boxes of books and magazines for me to share online, this book was included.  ~jh 



This is the original 1979 English publication of the Elder Zosimas.  



As of today, my scan of the original book is found here:

Shared Library 

>https://app.box.com/s/fidluwvb48ffrhzly22uq2zvvzb56byl

  >>Lives Saints & Elders  https://app.box.com/s/1bq1rg82sultkr4bewit70jio41xbhvy

    >>>Elder Zosimas https://app.box.com/s/fidluwvb48ffrhzly22uq2zvvzb56byl/file/1347944265042


If the APP.BOX is too slow or refuses to open the file, then just download it, and view it on your own.  AppBox does not like Safari.  Firefox works fine.


I hope someday to better organize my shared library, so in the future the above path might be different.  If you are looking for the book and can not find it, email me joannahigginbotham@runbox.com Hopefully my email address will be the same.





________________________________

In 1990 Platina published a 2nd edition, with added pages, some of which I have pasted below.  That 2nd edition is now out of print, and selling for $150 on Amazon.  No copies of the original edition are available, as far as I know the only other copy besides the one Daniel entrusted to me is in a carefully guarded private library.



________________________________

screen shots pages  2nd edition


•screenshots pasted below are taken from this web page:

https://notofthisworldiconsandbooks.com/products/elder-zosima-hesychast-of-siberia-rare-book?variant=41389495091372


These pages name the translator.  We learn that the author is the elder's niece.  Note that Fr. Seraphim's preface is omitted from the 2nd edition.


I'd really like to see the appendices.  Does anyone have access to a 2nd edition who can send me scans/photos of the appendices?  Even cell-phone photos would be appreciated.  Right now I have nothing.

  































There is an original Russian version online.  When I get the url, I will paste it here: 

__________




No comments:

Post a Comment

Guest comments MAYBE can be made by email.
joannahigginbotham@runbox.com

Anonymous comments will not be published. Daniel will not see unpublished comments. If you have a message for him, you need to contact him directly.
oregdan@hotmail.com