Tuesday, February 14, 2017

A Sharing: Reply from Mother Abbess Juliana in Chile

A Sharing: Reply from Mother Abbess Juliana in Chile: (in her monastery in the mountains near Santiago), Some brief answers to some brief questions:

   Inbox 

Add star 

Dan Everiss

<oregdan@hotmail.com>
Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 2:05 PM



From: juvenalia Hazbun <abbjuliana@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 1:25 PM
To: Dan Everiss
Subject: Re:

Did you know the newly departed, Monk Filaret?
Yes of course,  when I was the Superior on The Mount of Olives 1993-1997 He was a humble novice, Zackariy from the Catacomb Church.

Do you still bake cakes and sweet bakery for sale there?
Yes we do, but people here are presently away on vacation, as  life will begin actively  in March, schools and offices and ...then our work will begin again then.

How is your Fr. Benjamen doing?
Our Father Benjamin  just celebrated his 91-st year on the 27-th Jan 9 feb- Saint John Chrysostom.  He serves not only on Sundays but also on other days 

May Christ Our True God, always bless and always preserve you!
Thank you and forgive my short answer, but  I just came back from downtown where I usually I go on Tuesdays and Fridays to receive [donated] vegetables and fruits.
It is currently so hot here  in Santiago, but it is easier in the mountains where we live.  I simply am tired,  but in one hour I will have to  go to Vespers and Matins, I love Saint Symeon [for the Meeting of the Lord's feast] very much.

With love in Christ
Abbess Juliana

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 9:45 PM, Dan Everiss <oregdan@hotmail.com> wrote:
Yes, Mother Abbess Juliana, thank you.
I have seen this video. It is cute.
And I look at many similar animal videos, of God's wonderful creatures. 
And I hope that you and your spiritual  family are well and protected by God.
We have not communicated for awhile now.
I seem to get older by the day, more pains.
But I must struggle to see God's hand in it all.
We are not here on earth, forever. This is but a temporary residence for us....God made me  realize this since my early childhood days.
Old age is a kind of personal Golgotha, a crucifixion.
Winter is still holding on here, with lots of rain at times and some snow.
Did you know the newly departed, Monk Filaret?
Do you still bake cakes and sweet bakery  for sale there?
How is your Fr. Benjamen doing?
May Christ Our True God, always bless and always preserve you!


Give thanks to the Lord, always, and again I say GIVE THANKS!


Daniel and animal friends, in the forests of southwestern Oregon



From: juvenalia Hazbun <abbjuliana@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2017 4:10 PM
To: Angelica Lavados; Igumeniya Iulianiya; Dan Everiss
Subject:

......



https://www.facebook.com/huffpostuklifestyle/videos/980707212028080







No comments:

Post a Comment

Guest comments MAYBE can be made by email.
joannahigginbotham@runbox.com

Anonymous comments will not be published. Daniel will not see unpublished comments. If you have a message for him, you need to contact him directly.
oregdan@hotmail.com