Monday, May 23, 2016

Sharing: "Amen to that. Odd...

Sharing: "Amen to that. Odd it was on the Russian Patriarchal-MP web site?"

   Inbox 

Add star 

Dan Everiss

<oregdan@hotmail.com>
Mon, May 23, 2016 at 9:54 AM


From: info@saintedwardbrotherhood.org
Subject: Amen to that. Odd it was on the Russian Patriarchal web site?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 16:59:16 +0100
To:



Begin forwarded message:

From: Bishop Chrysostomos 
Subject: Re: Amen to that. Odd it was on the Russian Patriarchal web site?
Date: 23 May 2016 15:27:07 GMT+01:00
To: K A C

Christ is Risen! May God bless you.

This is rather an amazing testimony. I only wish that it had been better translated. Though it is perfectly understandable, there are imprecisions that lead one to miss the eloquence of Professor Tselengidis' writing and to miss some of his more subtle expressions. Nonetheless, it is of note that someone of his stature is not hesitant to speak of the existence of evil in many modern movements, including ecumenism, a movement that hides much of that evil under the finery of religious toleration and lures its adherents with promises of eminence in the religious world. We who oppose its simple-minded syncretism have seen its underbelly, and I, for one, would have to endorse Elder Ephraim’s assessment.

It is not odd that the Moscow Patriarchate, which polishes both sides of the ecumenism coin—“pro” and “con”—in the style of the Soviet system, would sponsor this piece. The Soviets encouraged ecumenism under communist rule, and the Soviet mentality lingers in the legacy of the Patriarchate. It sponsors several views of Church matters, speaking always in the name of a unity rooted in secular power, but downplays the unity in faith and spiritual sensitivity that is the real source of Orthodox unity. The sincere are blinded and silenced by this tactic, and opportunists revel in it.

We live in an arrogant, confusing, manipulative, and dangerous world. We need to turn to simple spiritual guides like Elder Ephraim, who turn inwardly for definitive knowledge of perplexing external things.

Thank you for this, which I will distribute.

Least Among Monks, † Bp. Chrysostomos

———



On May 23, 2016, at 5:57 AM, C K wrote:

ELDER EPHRAIM OF KATOUNAKIA, HOLY MOUNTAIN: ECUMENISM IS DOMINATED BY UNCLEAN SPIRITS

Fr. Ephraim’s attestation to Professor Demetrios Tselengidis

May 20, 2016
    
In what follows, I will say something that pertains to a personal deposition. I was associated for decades with Fr. Ephraim of Katounakia, of renowned ethos and conscience. Also renowned was the fact that he also possessed a “spiritual television”. As for me, I had gone to him on many occasions with the intention of posing certain very specific questions, in a specific sequence, and using my own vocabulary. When I did visit him, and without having posed any of my intended questions, he gave me his replies, in my intended sequence, and with my vocabulary. I am mentioning this as a personal experience; it is not an unprecedented phenomenon - it has been experienced by many others also.
There was one time when, as a young professor at the School of Theology at the time, about thirty years ago, I had mentioned the following to him: given that the clime of Ecumenism has also been flourishing in the School of Theology, especially that of Thessaloniki, I had certain nagging problems and questions, because I could see it being represented by otherwise respected professors. Naturally, both my conscience as well as my learning had reacted against it, however, I desired, beyond my scientific status, to also obtain a charismatic reply, which is something that I did for many other issues.
So I asked him on the matter in hand - if he could tell me what kind of thing Ecumenism is.
He replied outright and without any difficulty:
"This question, my child, had also been posed by someone else, some time before you. I myself have been up here on these rocks for forty years... I have even forgotten my Greek (note that he had completed Middle School) and as such, I haven’t preoccupied myself with that issue. But, because I had to reply – seeing that I had been asked about it, and since I had no knowledge of the matter - I went to my cell and prayed, asking Christ to inform me what Ecumenism is. I received His reply, which was that Ecumenism has a spirit of wickedness and is dominated by unclean spirits."
So I asked him exactly how that was verified. He replied that "after praying, my cell became filled with an unbearable stench, which caused my soul to feel asphyxiated; I couldn’t breathe spiritually."
I asked him if that had been an extraordinary event for him, or if that was the way that Christ responds in analogous cases, and he assured me that "in all the cases that are involved with sorcery, with unclean spirits, that is the state in which He enlightens me. Sometimes there is a spoken response, but in the present case, that was His answer and I have the absolute certainty that Ecumenism does not have the Holy Spirit, but the unclean spirit."
What I am saying at this moment one might say has the character of intentional impressions. But I want to inform you that I was overjoyed, because what the elder had told me in person, I had also seen recorded by his pious retinue, who had published an honorary tomos about his person, his spirituality and his words. So it has been certified in there as well, but it has also been verified with other, trustworthy theologians, who likewise happened to have heard it personally.
I had not publicly mentioned this until now; but things have taken such a turn, that I am obliged to bring it up. Of course it had played a decisive role in my stance towards Ecumenism. As a professor, a scientist, I am naturally obliged in every case to examine the matter with scientific criteria and to substantiate my viewpoint scientifically – and that is what I do in my classes also, step by step; however, I regard this deposition to be significant, because it was delivered in a charismatic manner by a man who knew nothing about the issue. He had never read, never heard of it, and yet, he deposited his direct spiritual experience. I think that things speak for themselves here.
* * *
From the book Holy and Great Synod of the Orthodox Church - A Synod lacking in Synodality and Orthodox Self-awareness
Dr. Demetrios Tselengidis
Translated by A. N.
20 / 05 / 2016

2 comments:


  1. 1. From the article, it's clear to me Fr. Ephraim of Katounakia is a false elder.

    2. From the introduction to the article, it's clear the Etna bishop does not perceive that Fr. Ephraim is a false elder.

    3. Men who do not recognize the spirit of Antichrist should not be shepherds in our Church.

    http://remnantrocor.blogspot.com/2016/05/false-elder-ephraim-of-katounakia.html

    ReplyDelete

Guest comments MAYBE can be made by email.
joannahigginbotham@runbox.com

Anonymous comments will not be published. Daniel will not see unpublished comments. If you have a message for him, you need to contact him directly.
oregdan@hotmail.com