Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sharings


• "Kaspersky" Inter-Net Security Company, WHY I, thankfully, deleted them as my computer security monitor! 
Updated and Extremely Dangerous
http://inokinya-fakel.livejournal.com/196227.html

• "No Drunk Driving or Flashy Cars"  Russian Patriarch Tells His Clergy" (!!!)
Wall Street Journal article:

• An old newspaper article on me, 'Rd. Daniel', from Dec. 8, 1989 (with too much undue praise and a number of factual errors)
See archived post December 1989 this blog
Updated comment: Dec. 29, 2012 ns
     This was a spin-off newspaper article on me, in fact much shortened from the original article, taken from the Associated Press, but originally procured via an on the spot interview of myself here, done by a (surprise visitor here), from a Eugene, Oregon, newspaper, done in the summer of 1989, and which I did not request or ask for.  The reporter too, was not Orthodox, so he lacked much knowledge about our faith.  But, I received my unexpected nosey visitor in the forest here, politely.  
     The reporter listened to what I answered him, but he only wrote down what he wanted, –imagined... in order to, embellish me, & make me seem, more 'colourful' and good/unique/ODD!, that I was/am in truth. 
     *THIS ARTICLE IS WAY TOO COMPLIMENTARY OF ME!!!  He ordained me a deacon, which I have never been, plus other errors in his hearing of what I actually told him.  However, otherwise, much of what is reported here, does tell my true motives and hopes. That interview was taken up and spread to many local newspapers here, throughout this northwest region, (which publicity/exposure I did NOT desire!), and it included an overly- very  brief/confused  biography of my life.  Though, over the long years, (about 39 years now, here), and due to perpetual insufficient funding and without much human help, with many discouragements, & due in more recent years, to my declining aging and poor physical health and low monthly income levels,  ..I have had to give up on this icon-print mounting, entirely, regrettably.
     Now, only prayer is left, for my own soul and for all of the departed and the living.  I await the Resurrection of the dead, and the life of the age to come.
Rd. Daniel Everiss, a worn out, pilgrim on this earth
"In Thee O Lord, have I hoped, let me not be put to shame in the age to come!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Guest comments MAYBE can be made by email.
joannahigginbotham@runbox.com

Anonymous comments will not be published. Daniel will not see unpublished comments. If you have a message for him, you need to contact him directly.
oregdan@hotmail.com